Königshof, the King’s Farm, was possibly originally a langobardic administrative center. The name “King’s Farm” even hints at royal administration. Oral tradition also points in the same direction. Because of various renovations, much of the old building substance has gone missing through the years.
The most important changes in ownership: Seb(h)erriggl (date of purchase unknown), Kager around 1668, Schweiggl from 1687, various owners, Stimpfl from 1846, in 1855 divided into “Unterer (lower) Königshof” and “Oberer (upper) Königshof”.