Nokrische Behausung – Nocker houses

Nr. 8

This group of houses was probably built by the lords of Indermaur, together with Freienfeld Manor, at the beginning of the 16th century. Originally, the gate of the Nocker houses with the inscription “1623” in the stone frame was the entry gate to Freienfeld Manor.

The name “Nocker houses” seems to come from the first documented owners of the houses, the Nockers.

The lower levels of the Nocker houses once housed a smithy and a tinsmith.

The most important changes in ownership: Indermaur possibly in the 16th century, Nocker from 1687, von Wohlgemuth from 1780, several further changes in ownership until Christoforetti from 1852.